Home » News & Info
News & Info
- Job Opportunity: Outdoor Maintenance and Groundskeeper (Entry Level)
The primary focus of the outdoor maintenance crew is to keep Downtown Syracuse clean and attractive. The maintenance crew is responsible for litter control, graffiti removal, power washing, lawn moving, weeding, snowplowing, landscaping, and street furniture repair and maintenance.
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Job Opportunity: Parking Lot Attendant
Monday, March 25, 2019
- TWO WEEKS AWAY: 2019 Progress Breakfast Series to Shine Spotlight Downtown’s Resurgence Through Innovation, Investments & the Arts
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Downtown Committee Seeking Proposals for Website Redevelopment & Creative Design
Monday, March 11, 2019
- ONE WEEK AWAY: Downtown Dining Weeks to Deliver Once-a-Year Deals; 47 Restaurants to Serve Dinner and Lunch Deals
The 15th annual serving of Downtown Syracuse Dining Weeks returns one week from today with a record 47 participating locally-owned Downtown restaurants. Presented by Visions Federal Credit Union and the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., Downtown Syracuse Dining Weeks starts President’s Day, Monday, February 18, and continues through Sunday, March 3.
Monday, February 11, 2019
- Record 2,128 Votes Determines Winning Designs in Third Annual Downtown Syracuse Window Wonderland Contest
A record 2,128 people cast their votes for their favorite window displays in the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.’s third annual holiday window-decorating contest and the results are in!
Wednesday, January 2, 2019
- Voting Opens as 24 Businesses Reveal Window Wonderland Displays & Downtown Committee Introduces New "Selfie Spot" Encouraging the Community to "Wish Upon a Downtown Star"
This holiday season, the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. encourages the community to enhance their holiday experience as traditions bring them to Downtown Syracuse. On Friday, November 23, the Downtown Committee announced the return of two favorite contests, and introduced an engaging new element to help visitors interact with Downtown Syracuse.
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- ONE WEEK AWAY: 2018 Progress Breakfast Series Continues Next Thursday, Highlighting Synergy in Downtown Syracuse through Key Partnerships and Downtown’s “Main Street”
On Thursday, November 1, the community is invited to join the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and Mower for breakfast to learn about Downtown Syracuse as a place where communities converge, conversations are catalyzed and new connections are established. For the first time in the history of the event, a new format will be introduced. While each of the three presenters will speak briefly about projects they’re working on – with Merike Treier, Executive Director of the Downtown Committee serving as emcee – there will also be a 15-minute panel discussion.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- The Story Behind BlueRock Energy's Award-Winning Pac-Man Post-It Note War Design
On a sunny day, it looks like the neon-colored Pac-Man characters surrounding the eighth floor of the Barclay Damon Tower are glowing as they watch over the workstations of 50 BlueRock Energy employees. Seven ghosts, three bunches of cherries, two strawberries, two power-pellets, 53 gobble dots and of course, Mr. and Ms. Pac-Man, help “power” the office.
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- A Preview of the First-Ever Downtown Syracuse Employee Appreciation Week
Fun Events & Promotions Planned to Celebrate Employees and Highlight Businesses; Monday, September 17 – Friday, September 21
Thursday, September 6, 2018
- TWO WEEKS AWAY: Syracuse Style to Showcase Fall Fashions & Show Off Downtown Syracuse as a Retail Destination
In two weeks, the 100-block of Walton Street in Armory Square will become an 80-foot lighted runway to host the eighth annual presentation of Syracuse Style. Co-produced by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and Syracuse Fashion Week, the runway fashion show is free to attend and starts promptly at 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 13.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
- FOUR DAYS AWAY: 48th Annual AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival Around Columbus Circle to Showcase Talents of 170 Artists
Syracuse, NY – This weekend, Downtown Syracuse will come alive with the presentation of the 48th Annual AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and AmeriCU Credit Union, the three-day festival will showcase the talents of 170 of the nation’s most talented artists and craftspeople, displaying unique fine arts and contemporary crafts. The free family-friendly festival also features a variety of street performers, kids’ activities, and of course, traditional festival foods and sweet treats.
Monday, July 23, 2018
- ONE WEEK AWAY: 11th Edition of ArtsWeek to Highlight 20 Arts & Cultural Organizations Presenting Nearly 40 Programs
Now in its 11th year, ArtsWeek is a collaboration among two-dozen arts and cultural organizations designed to celebrate the visual and performing arts in Downtown Syracuse. This year, organizations are partnering to present nearly 40 events and programs to celebrate the arts in our Downtown community!
Thursday, July 12, 2018
- 2018 Downtown Committee Annual Meeting Shines Spotlight on Incredible Investments Throughout Downtown Syracuse, Highlighting Community Engagement & Connections
Syracuse, NY – Nearly 400 members of the Downtown community - including property owners, businesses, residents and other stakeholders – convened in the Grand Ballroom of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown (map) for the 2018 Annual Meeting Luncheon of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc, presented by Pathfinder Bank.
Thursday, June 21, 2018
- The Downtown Committee’s “Partners in Planting” Program Welcomes Back Young Leaders United to Dress Downtown Streets and Bolster Neighborhood Pride
Beautification & Clean-Up Program Spreads Vibrancy Throughout Downtown
Friday, June 1, 2018
- Installation of 330 Hanging Flower Baskets Begins Today Kicking Off New Beautification Efforts
The Downtown Committee also received a $5,000 Cigarette Litter Prevention Program grant to help "Keep Downtown Beautiful" through a new campaign designed to curb cigarette waste.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- THREE WEEKS AWAY: 12th Annual Downtown Living Tour to Showcase Nine of the Most Sought-After Addresses in Downtown Syracuse
Tickets are now on sale for the 12th edition of the Downtown Living Tour, set for Saturday May 19, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the City of Syracuse and State Tower, the self-guided walking tour will provide tour-goers with inside access to the newest and most talked-about urban living examples in town!
Monday, April 30, 2018
- Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. Selects Seven Properties to Receive $470,000 in New York Main Street Funds to Catalyze $11m Investment in Downtown Syracuse
Syracuse, NY –The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. is pleased to announce the distribution of $470,000 in New York Main Street funds to seven revitalization projects, which will invest a combined total of more than $11 million into Downtown Syracuse.
Monday, April 2, 2018
- #DowntownProgress: Progress Breakfast Series Draws 298 People; Highlighting How Activities Happening in Downtown Syracuse Influence the Region
The largest crowd in the history of the Progress Breakfast – 298 guests! – listened as three presenters shared their stories, reflecting on their experiences in Downtown Syracuse thus far, while providing insight on what we as a community can collectively do to position ourselves for continued success.
Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Third Round of Art in the Windows Installations Invites Interaction; Check Out Day & Evening Displays Along East Water Street
The third round of artwork featured in the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.’s Art in the Windows program is enlivening East Water Street in Downtown Syracuse, and one of the displays – a largescale interactive visual artwork - even “comes to life” when passersby interact with it!
Thursday, February 22, 2018
- TWO WEEKS AWAY: Downtown Dining Weeks Expands to Serve Lunch: A Record 40 Downtown Restaurants to Participate in Once-a-Year Deals for Dinner & Lunch
The 14th annual serving of Downtown Syracuse Dining Weeks, presented by Visions Federal Credit Union and the Downtown Committee returns on February 15 with a record 40 participating restaurants, and more momentum than ever before!
Thursday, February 1, 2018
- Record 1,498 Votes Determines Winning Designs in Second Annual Downtown Window Wonderland Contest
A record 1,498 people cast their votes for their favorite window displays in the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.’s second annual holiday window-decorating contest and – drum roll please – the results are in!
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Job Opportunity: Security Officer
The security officer is responsible for a walking beat in the community and responding to requests for assistance from businesses and the public. Police experience, particularly in community policing, and public relations skills are required.
Monday, July 31, 2017
- I-81 The Inside Scoop: New Infographic Shows How Street-Level Solution Would Enhance Ongoing Downtown Revitalization
The Downtown Committee wants to educate the community about a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to recharge the city center. Our goal is to take what we know as a complex dialogue, and make it more understandable to those who may not be as familiar with the conversations about the future of I-81 as it relates to ongoing revitalization for Downtown Syracuse and the region.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015