- Second Installation of Art in the Windows Program Launches During ArtsWeek & Activates Downtown’s Streetscape
Syracuse, NY – The second round of artwork featured in the new Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.’s Art in the Windows program was installed to coincide with ArtsWeek 2017. The Art in the Windows Program – first introduced in January 2017 – showcases available storefronts as retail business opportunities by shining a spotlight on the talents of local artists. The new pieces were unveiled Monday, July 24, in the ground-floor windows of three street-level storefronts.
Monday, July 24, 2017
- 10 Days Away: 47th Annual AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival to Showcase Talents of 165 Artists in Columbus Circle
In ten days, historic Columbus Circle will come alive with the presentation of the 47th annual AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival, featuring 165 artists, craftspeople and entertainers. Presented by AmeriCU Credit Union and the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the three-day festival begins Friday, July 28 and runs through Sunday, July 30.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- Downtown Committee Annual Meeting Celebrated Downtown’s Growth from a 9 to 5 Office Center Into a Community
350 members of the Downtown community gathered in the Grand Ballroom of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown for the 2017 Annual Meeting Luncheon of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc, presented by Pathfinder Bank. The Annual Meeting is a celebration of the people, projects and places driving Downtown's resurgence.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Wednesday Walk Returns For Third Season, Presenting Informational, Guided Walking Tours Throughout Downtown Syracuse
Wednesday Walk, presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and several other health-conscious community organizations, has returned for its third season. The free, guided, informational lunchtime and evening strolls throughout Downtown Syracuse kicked off Wednesday, June 14 and continue every other week through October 11.
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
- Downtown Farmers Market Returns to Clinton Square for 45th Season, Introducing Live Lunchtime Music Series
The 45th Season of the Downtown Farmers Market kicked off Tuesday, June 13 at 7:00 am in Clinton Square, featuring dozens of the region’s best farmers and produce dealers. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the Market continues every Tuesday through October 10 (with the exception of the Fourth of July Holiday) from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, rain or shine.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- “Partners in Planting” Program Welcomes Back The Bonadio Group and Young Leaders United to Dress Downtown Streets and Bolster Neighborhood Pride
30 volunteers – one group from Young Leaders United, a division of the United Way, and one group from The Bonadio Group – returned for the 2017 season of the Downtown Committee’s Partners in Planting Program.
Friday, June 2, 2017
- Unofficial Start to Summer in Downtown Syracuse: 335 Hanging Flower Baskets to Dress Downtown Streets for Seventh Season
Syracuse, NY - Beauty is blooming in purple petunias throughout Downtown Syracuse for the seventh consecutive season. Wednesday morning, the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. began installation of hanging flower baskets throughout the central business district. The ceremonial first hanging flower basket was placed outside of the Downtown Security & Information Center, located at 440 South Warren Street (map) just after 9:00 am.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- 3,000 People Expected to Attend 11th Annual Downtown Living Tour Showcasing Luxury Urban Living & Amenities Featuring Nine Residential Stops, Two Company Houses
3,000 people are expected to attend the 11th Annual Downtown Living Tour. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the Downtown Living Tour is a showcase of several of the most talked-about residential addresses located in and around Downtown Syracuse and two company open houses. The self-guided tour officially starts from the ground floor of Icon Tower, located at 344 South Warren Street, the officially designated 2017 Living Tour Headquarters.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Downtown's Annual Earth Day Clean Attracts 400+ Volunteers to Give Downtown Syracuse a Spring Cleaning
A record 400 volunteers turned out to give Downtown Syracuse a spring cleaning on Saturday, April 22.
Saturday, April 22, 2017
- ONE MONTH AWAY: Tickets Now On Sale for the Downtown Living Tour, a Showcase of Downtown Syracuse Living & Amenities
The 11th Annual Downtown Living Tour is exactly one month away! Tickets to the event, which will highlight nine residential property stops and two company houses, are on sale now!
Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Tickets on Sale Now for the 2017 Organ Crawl: Three Churches and Three Organists to Showcase Iconic, Historic Organs throughout Cathedral Square
Tickets are on sale now for the 2017 Organ Crawl, presented by the Cathedral Square Neighborhood Association. On Sunday afternoon, April 23, from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, three locally-renowned organists will delight the senses by playing the majestic organs at Plymouth Congregational Church, St. Paul’s Syracuse The Downtown Episcopal Church, and Park Central Presbyterian Church. The listening tour will begin at Plymouth Congregational Church promptly at 1:30 pm and conclude with a reception at Park Central Presbyterian Church following the last performance at 3:30 pm.
Monday, April 3, 2017
- Progress Breakfast, Presented by Eric Mower + Associates, Shines Spotlight on Arts & Culture Throughout Downtown Syracuse
The first Progress Breakfast of 2017 presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and Eric Mower + Associates drew a close-to-sold-out crowd in the Persian Terrace of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown on Tuesday. Guests learned about three themes specific to the Arts, and how the Arts have contributed to Downtown’s renaissance. The Downtown Committee introduced a brand new publication, "A Guide to Public Art in Downtown Syracuse," a self-guided walking tour exploring almost 50 public art pieces located throughout Downtown Syracuse, as well as new public art pieces to be introduced later this year along the Connective Corridor.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- ONE WEEK AWAY: Progress Breakfast to Shine Spotlight on Arts & Culture Throughout Downtown Syracuse
Tickets are still available for the next Progress Breakfast event, set for 8:00 am, Tuesday, March 14 in the Persian Terrace of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown. Presented by the Downtown Committee and Eric Mower + Associates, the event is focused on celebrating arts and culture in Downtown Syracuse.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- ONE WEEK AWAY: Record 32 Downtown Syracuse Restaurants to Dish Out Three Courses for $25 (or Less) for Downtown Dining Weeks
New this year, Downtown Syracuse hotels are getting involved with the 13th annual serving of Downtown Dining Weeks, presented by the Downtown Committee and Visions Federal Credit Union.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Art in the Windows Program Activates Downtown Streetscape by Highlighting Available Storefronts and Showcasing Designs by Local Artists
A new program led by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. and funded by the Central New York Community Foundation showcases available storefronts as retail business opportunities by spotlighting the talents of local artists.
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
- Winning Designs Announced in Downtown Window Wonderland Contest
A total of 852 cast their votes for their favorite window displays in the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.'s first-ever holiday window-decorating contest, and the results are in!
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- Syracuse Style to Showcase Fall Fashions, Featuring Dazzling Downtown Retailers & Hair Salons to Celebrate Downtown as a Retail Destination
New this year, dogs will also walk the runway, as part of “Dressed to the K-9’s Fashion Show," held on the eve of Syracuse Style
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- Ribbon Cutting Introduces Three New Pieces of Outdoor Fitness Equipment Along the Creekwalk in Armory Square
$5,000 Grant from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield paved way for installation of Downtown's first free outdoor fitness park
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Reinvestment Fund and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Select Syracuse as One of 50 Invest Health Cities
A team of Syracuse community organizations, including the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. join innovative, national program to improve health in low-income neighborhoods
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- Columbus Circle to Become a Stage to Showcase Talents of 160+ Artists from 25 U.S. States & Canada During 46th Annual AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival July 29, 30 and 31
New This Year: All-Ages Interactive Workshop, “Forecasting the Future: Activating Downtown’s Alleyways” Invites Participants to Share Visions for Downtown
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Art in the Windows Stirs Interest in Available Retail Space, Showcases Local Talent
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. is introducing a new program designed to showcase available storefronts and spotlight the talents of local artists.
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
- Downtown Committee Annual Meeting: What’s Next in Downtown’s Story?
The 2016 Annual Meeting was a celebration of Downtown’s accomplishments and a preview of the exciting projects on the horizon for 2016-2017.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
- Partners in Planting Program Continues to Grow in 2016 Season
The Bonadio Group joined Young Leaders United to participate in Partners in Planting to combine employee engagement with beautification efforts.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
- Partners in Planting Program Grows in its Second Season: Dressing Downtown Streets and Bolstering Neighborhood Pride
Friday afternoon, a group of employees from Young Leaders United, a division of the United Way, joined the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. to combine employee engagement with downtown beautification efforts
Friday, June 3, 2016
- Wednesday Walk Returns for Second Season, Presenting Informational, Guided Walking Tours Throughout Downtown Syracuse
The Wednesday Walk Series starts Wednesday, June 1 and continues through mid-October. This season there are 13 free guided walks planned every other Wednesday, at lunchtime and during the evening.
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- A Record 355 Hanging Flower Baskets to Dress Downtown’s Streets for Sixth Season
Beauty is blooming in Downtown Syracuse for the sixth consecutive season. Tuesday morning, the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. began installation of 355 hanging flower baskets outside of the Downtown Security & Information Center, located at 440 South Warren Street.
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- TODAY: 10th Anniversary Edition of Downtown Living Tour will Showcase 10 of the newest examples of Urban Living in Downtown Syracuse
The 10th Anniversary Edition of the Downtown Living Tour, presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., will showcase ten of the newest and most-talked about examples of urban living spaces throughout Downtown Syracuse. Plus, for the first time in the history of the event, the Downtown Committee is introducing two bonus stops.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
- 10th Anniversary Edition of the Downtown Living Tour to Highlight 10 Tour Stops, 2 Bonus Stops
Tour Date: Saturday, May 21 Noon to 5 pm
Thursday, May 5, 2016
- Record Number of Volunteers Turned Out for Annual Earth Day Clean-Up
328 people helped give Downtown Syracuse a spring cleaning, on Saturday morning, April 23.
Saturday, April 23, 2016
- Three Churches and Three Organists to Showcase Iconic, Historic Organs throughout Cathedral Square
Tickets are on sale now for the 2016 Organ Crawl, the signature event presented by the Cathedral Square Neighborhood Association.
Save the Date: Sunday, April 24 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Monday, April 11, 2016
- Progress Breakfast Shines Spotlight on Entrepreneurship as Downtown Syracuse Becomes a 24/7 Neighborhood
The breakfast event, presented by Harris Beach, PLLC, highlighted three endeavors changing the way Downtown lives, works and plays: Common Space, TCGplayer.com & Wolff’s Biergarten
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
- Leap Year Extends Renzi Foodservice Downtown Dining Weeks to 15 Days
A record 29 restaurants will dish out three courses for $25 or less from Monday, February 15 through Monday, February 29. New features this year include an interactive contest and discounted parking!
Monday, February 1, 2016
- Downtown Shopping Night Invites Community Into Downtown Syracuse to Cross Items off Holiday Shopping Lists
On Thursday, December 17, nearly two dozen merchants and retailers located throughout Downtown Syracuse are extending their hours into the evening to invite the community to shop for items on their holiday shopping lists.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
- Learn about Sustainable Urban Mobility at the 2015 Syracuse Center of Excellence Symposium
Tuesday, November 10, 1:15 pm – 2:30 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel
Friday, November 6, 2015
- First-ever Good Morning Downtown Syracuse Progress Breakfast Highlights the Redevelopment Transforming Downtown’s Landscape
With more than $340 million currently invested in downtown redevelopment activities, the sun is rising symbolically over Downtown Syracuse.
Thursday, October 22, 2015
- Cathedral Academy's Centennial Celebration: 100 Years Old & Younger Than Ever
Alumni share their favorite memories of Cathedral Academy, which celebrates its 100th Anniversary Saturday, October 17.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Celebrating Progress with an Inside Look at Three Projects Recharging Downtown
The community is invited to the first-ever Good Morning Downtown Syracuse Progress Breakfast, Thursday, October 22 from 8:00 am to 9:30 am at Sky Armory.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
- Downtown Committee Joins Upstate Women’s Health Network and SUNY Oswego Metro Center Celebrate National Women’s Health & Fitness Day
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. is partnering with SUNY Upstate Women’s Health Network and SUNY Oswego Metro Center to celebrate the 14th Annual National Women’s Health & Fitness Day, by hosting a free, fun Health Fair on Wednesday, September 30.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
- Syracuse Style Showcases Fall Fashion and Celebrates Downtown Syracuse as a Vibrant Destination
Watch as Walton Street becomes a runway for more than 90 models!
Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Downtown Committee and Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop Present a Free Downtown Coffee Break During Employee Appreciation Month
The event, which will be held Thursday, September 24 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am, was brewed to help thank 27,000+ Downtown employees for enhancing the sense of community in Downtown Syracuse.
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
- One Hour, One Night Only: Live Models Preview Syracuse Style Fashions in Windows of Landmark Theatre
On Thursday, September 10, the back windows of the Landmark Theatre will come to life with living models for the third annual Syracuse Style Landmark Theatre Window Project. The free event is presented by Syracuse Style, a collaborative effort between Syracuse Fashion Week and the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Wednesday Walk Series to Highlight Downtown Parking
All Participants May Enter Drawing for a Free Month of Parking;
First 30 Participants will Receive Free One-Day Parking Pass
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- LoFo to Serve Thousands at Phish's Magna Ball Concert; "Local Food Love Food" the Focus
The national spotlight shines on LoFo, a popular farm-to-table restaurant in Armory Square. The talents of the LoFo family have been tapped to prepare cuisine for a three-day music festival in Watkins Glen, led by the popular jam band, Phish.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival Showcases Talents of 165 Artists from 22 States & Canada
Friday, July 24: 10 am - 6 pm; Saturday, July 25 & Sunday, July 26: 10 am - 5 pm
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Installation of 10 New Security Cameras to Enhance Downtown Syracuse
The Downtown Committee Partners with Assemblyman Magnarelli and Syracuse Police Department for Downtown Camera Program
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Annual Meeting Celebrates 40 Years of Transformation in Downtown Syracuse
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Partners in Planting Program Establishes Roots: Dressing Downtown Streets and Bolstering Neighborhood Pride
Young Leaders United Participates in Downtown Beautification & Clean-Up Program
Friday, June 19, 2015
- Reflecting on Accomplishments, Celebrating Progress, Envisioning the Future
Downtown Committee Annual Meeting, set for 12 pm Wednesday, June 24, will celebrate 40 years of transformation in Downtown Syracuse
Thursday, June 11, 2015
- Downtown Farmers Market Returns to Clinton Square, Planting Seeds for the Summer Festival Season
43rd Annual Season Opens Next Tuesday, June 9, with Dozens of Regional Farmers and Produce Dealers
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
- Downtown Blossoms With Beauty for Fifth Season
Installation of 334 Hanging Flower Baskets Dresses Downtown’s Streets
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
- 2,000+ Expected to Explore Urban Living During Ninth-Annual Downtown Living Tour
Exciting New Additions will Enhance Tour Experience; Tour: Noon to 6 pm
Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Syracuse CoWorks and SALT Makerspace to Hold Open House During Downtown Living Tour
See One of Downtown's Newest Creative Spaces
Saturday, May 16: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday, May 4, 2015
- 175+ Volunteers Expected for Earth Day Clean Up around Downtown Syracuse and University Hill Neighborhoods
Keeping with Earth Day tradition, more than 175 volunteers have signed up to make sure the gateways to the center of our city are ready for new life to welcome spring.
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- Downtown Living Tour Tickets Now On Sale
Tourist Experience Grows for Ninth Annual Urban Living Showcase
Tour Date: Saturday, May 16 Noon to 6 pm
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Syracuse CoWorks Grand Opening Celebration & Free Day of Coworking
On Wednesday, March 18, Syracuse CoWorks will celebrate its Grand Opening with a full free day of coworking. Anyone who is curious to learn more about the concept of coworking is invited to see how it works, and try it out for themselves. Events are planned throughout the day, leading up to the official Grand Opening Celebration at 5:00 pm.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- The Tech Garden Open House and Tour
The region's leading entrepreneurial incubator and accelerator is taking you behind the scenes of the Tech Garden I and II next Friday, March 20, from 8:30 am to 11:00 am
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- I-81 The Inside Scoop: New Infographic Shows How Street-Level Solution Would Enhance Ongoing Downtown Revitalization
The Downtown Committee wants to educate the community about a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to recharge the city center. Our goal is to take what we know as a complex dialogue, and make it more understandable to those who may not be as familiar with the conversations about the future of I-81 as it relates to ongoing revitalization for Downtown Syracuse and the region.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- Downtown Syracuse Dining Weeks to Dish Out Record Number of Restaurants
27 Restaurants, Most to Participate to Date
February 16 - March 1
Monday, February 2, 2015
- Downtown Committee Announces New 360 Degree Virtual Downtown Tour
The 360-degree panoramic imagery brings Google’s “Street View” technology off the streets and inside businesses and up into the sky.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Downtown Syracuse Mural
Dennis Nett, Syracuse Media Group
Saturday, August 17, 2013
- Artsweek takes over Downtown Syracuse
Saturday, July 27, 2013
- Art in the Heart of Syracuse: ArtsWeek is Region’s Largest Arts Celebration
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- Get a Look at the Projects Transforming Downtown Syracuse
Downtown Committee’s 7th Annual Downtown Living Tour Highlights Downtown’s Newest Developments
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Downtown Living Tour Draws Record Crowds
Downtown Committee’s 7th Annual Downtown Living Tour Highlights Downtown’s Newest Developments
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Gannon’s Isle Cools Off Downtown Syracuse
Local Institution Opens Permanent Downtown Location
Monday, May 13, 2013
- Jō·lĭ·mé Fresh Garden Café Opens Downtown Location
Thursday, May 2, 2013
- 3 More Days Left of AmeriCU Dining Week(s)
Promotion Draws Thousands to Downtown Syracuse
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- AmeriCU Dining Week(s) is Almost Here
Friday, February 8, 2013
- Downtown Development Spurs Renewed Commitment from Longtime Business
Metro Fitness Club Celebrates Grand Reopening in Expanded Facility
Thursday, January 10, 2013