3,000 People Expected to Attend 11th Annual Downtown Living Tour Showcasing Luxury Urban Living & Amenities Featuring Nine Residential Stops, Two Company Houses
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Syracuse, NY - 3,000 people are expected to attend the 11th Annual Downtown Living Tour. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the Downtown Living Tour is a showcase of several of the most talked-about residential addresses located in and around Downtown Syracuse and two company open houses. The self-guided tour officially starts from the ground floor of Icon Tower, located at 344 South Warren Street (map), the officially designated 2017 Living Tour Headquarters.
From here, tour-goers may choose to walk to the other destinations along the route (outlined in the map on the back of the program), or they may ride a free shuttle bus that will follow a special route created especially for the Downtown Living Tour.
Ticket Information: Tickets may be at Icon Tower for $15 (cash or check only) between 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. Please note, tourists should allot about two hours to visit all of the stops along the self-guided walking tour.
The tour will highlight nine different residential stops, ranging from luxury apartments, to spacious condos and lofts, as well as two company open houses, highlighting additional amenities to enhance the Downtown Syracuse 24/7 experience for Downtown residents, employees and visitors. For your reference, a list of all tour stops is provided below.
New this year, tour organizers are making enhancements to the Living Tour experience:
- There will be more staff at the Advance-Sale ticket tables at Icon Tower, so that those who buy their tickets in advance are able to move through the registration lines quickly.
- In addition, SEFCU will have its mobile banking unit on site, so that tour-goers will have the convenience of on-site ATM access, as day-of ticket purchases are cash-or-check only.
- Direct Shuttles: In addition to the regularly scheduled free shuttle bus that will take tour-goers to all of the tour stops located throughout Downtown Syracuse, there will be two other direct shuttles. One direct shuttle will run from Icon Tower/Tour Headquarters to The Dietz Building (formerly The Dietz Lantern Factory) located just outside Downtown Syracuse at 225 Wilkinson Street. There will be another shuttle will run from Herald Commons (the officially designated Rest Stop) to and from Regency Tower, located at 770 James Street.
Also new this year, the Downtown Committee is introducing “Downtown Deals” to incorporate Downtown’s diverse array of restaurants, retailers and cultural institutions into the Downtown Living Tour. Within the official Downtown Living Tour program, tour-goers will find a list of businesses offering free items or special discounts on the day of the Downtown Living Tour. Tour wristbands (received at Icon Tower/Tour Headquarters) will provide access to the deals!
Parking Information: There are several parking options for the convenience of tour-goers. The Warren Street Garage, located across from Icon Tower, will offer $3 parking starting at 6:00 am on Saturday, May 20. On-street parking will be free throughout the Central Business District on the day of the Tour.
2017 Downtown Living Tour Stops:
- Tour Headquarters: Icon Tower, located at 344 South Warren Street (map)
- The State Tower Building, located at 109 South Warren Street (map)
- 235 East Water Street, located at 235 East Water Street (map)
- Tour Rest Stop: Herald Commons, located at 220 Herald Place (map)
PS: Don’t forget to check out Unit 401 in the Exclusive Penthouse Suite, featuring Interior Design by Morgan at China Towne Furniture and Mattress.
- The Dietz, located at 225 Wilkinson Street (map)
- Jefferson Clinton Commons, located at 211 West Jefferson Street (map)
*Tour-goers will be able to explore two luxury condo units, currently for sale.
- The Chimes Building, located at 500 South Salina Street (map)
- Apartments at 311 Montgomery Street, located at 311 Montgomery Street (map)
- Bonus Stop: Regency Tower, located at 770 James Street (map)
- Open House: D-Train, Doggie Day Care, to be located at 530 South Clinton Street (map)
- Open House: Ashley McGraw Architects, located on the 15th floor of the Barclay Damon Tower, located at 125 East Jefferson Street (map)
The two company open houses provide a glimpse into the extra amenities that make Downtown Syracuse so unique. At Ashley McGraw Architects, located on the 15th floor of the Barclay Damon Tower, tour-goers will see how office design works in harmony with nature. At D-Train Doggie Day Care, which is expected to open later this summer at 530 South Clinton Street, tour-goers are invited to check out plans to bring a doggie day care service to Downtown residents and employees.
The Downtown Living Tour is historically an important day for Downtown Syracuse. Not only does it provide unique inside access to projects that are transforming the neighborhood, the Tour also serves as an opportunity to introduce Downtown’s charms to new visitors. Statistics: Right now, 3,250 people live in Downtown Syracuse; and with an additional 166 units currently under construction – expected to come online this calendar year - Downtown’s population is expected to increase by nearly 8% percent in the next year.
“We invite everyone to experience firsthand the residential development that has transformed Downtown Syracuse, as well as explore the unique amenities that make Downtown Syracuse stand out as a desirable address,” said Merike Treier, executive director of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse. “From charming characteristics that incorporate the unique history of Downtown’s buildings, to the increasing amount of pet-friendly amenities, tour-goers will be impressed with the charms and conveniences of Downtown living. With the new addition of Downtown Deals, we hope tour-goers will make a day out of being Downtown Syracuse, and visit Downtown’s diverse array of boutiques and restaurants.”
The 2017 Downtown Living Tour is sponsored by The Icon Companies, the Community Preservation Corporation, National Grid, China Towne Furniture and Mattress, SEFCU, Pioneer Companies, The DIETZ Lantern Factory, The Chimes Building, Horn Companies, Washington Street Partners, 311 Montgomery Street, RF Esposito, Inc., Longley Jones Management, Ashley McGraw Architects, Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Happy Tails Dog Walking and Peppino’s Neapolitan. Media sponsorships include Sunny102, Advance Media New York, WRVO Public Media and the Syracuse New Times.
For more information about the Downtown Living Tour, please click here.