AmeriCU Dining Week(s) is Almost Here
Friday, February 8, 2013
Syracuse, NY – The 2013 edition of AmeriCU Dining Week(s) in Downtown Syracuse kicks off Friday, February 15 and continues through Thursday, February 28 with 23 participating restaurants. Syracuse’s biggest dining event, presented by AmeriCU Credit Union and the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, is now in its ninth year and serves as a mid-winter celebration of locally-owned Downtown Syracuse restaurants, with restaurants offering three courses for $25 or less.
This year, AmeriCU Credit Union will be giving away a $25 Visa gift card each weekday leading up to the first day of Dining Week, starting today. All are welcome to enter on AmeriCU’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Announcements of winners will be made via social media daily, beginning this afternoon.
“AmeriCU Dining Week is a successful promotion because it offers a tremendous value to the patrons of downtown. The collective impact of the thousands of people who take advantage of the offer is also a huge economic boost for the small business owners who make up the central business district,” said Judith Cowden, AmeriCU Credit Union vice president for member relations & marketing. “AmeriCU Credit Union is pleased to support an event that succeeds on both the consumer and commercial levels.”
To add even more value to diners during AmeriCU Dining Week(s), the Everson Museum of Art will offer 20% off up to two adult admissions to “American Moderns, 1910-1960: From O’Keeffe to Rockwell” to patrons who show their receipt from a participating AmeriCU Dining Week(s) restaurant.
“The Everson is thrilled to partner with AmeriCU Dining Week(s), continuing the Museum’s role as an economic engine,” said Steven Kern, Everson Museum of Art executive director. “By offering this special admission incentive, we hope to encourage greater visitorship to the Everson, as well as our downtown partners. When the arts and businesses work together, we all thrive.”
The Downtown Committee will expand the popular AmeriCU Dining Week(s) Facebook Photo Contest to also include Downtown Syracuse Twitter account followers. Diners are invited to take photos of their AmeriCU Dining Week(s) meals and post them on the Downtown Syracuse Facebook page or tweet them using the #diningweeksyr hashtag for a chance to win prizes. Several lucky winners will receive certificates good at participating downtown restaurants.
“AmeriCU Dining Week(s) highlights one of Downtown Syracuse’s most unique amenities, our unparalleled cuisine,” said Merike Treier, Downtown Committee of Syracuse executive director.
“As Downtown Syracuse continues to undergo an exciting amount of development, it’s the diversity of downtown’s businesses, like the restaurants featured during AmeriCU Dining Week(s), that have made Downtown Syracuse the vibrant destination it is today. Whether you’re trying a new restaurant or revisiting an old favorite, AmeriCU Dining Week(s) is a great time to experience what it is that makes Downtown Syracuse’s restaurant scene so special.” AmeriCU Dining Week(s) receives additional support from T.J. Sheehan, Brewery Ommegang, the Syracuse New Times, Tablehopping, Lemon Grass and Bistro Èlèphant Steakhouse.
For more information about AmeriCU Dining Week(s), including a list of participating restaurants and their AmeriCU Dining Week(s) menus, visit www.DowntownSyracuse.com.
- Ale ‘N Angus Pub 238 Harrison St. 426-9672
- Anthony’s Elbow Room Tavern 122 E. Genesee St. 422-4669
- Anthony’s Pasta Bar 126 E. Genesee St. 422-4669
- bc Restaurant 247 W. Fayette St. 701-0636
- Bistro Èlèphant Steakhouse 238 W. Jefferson St. 475-1111
- Bittersweet Wine & Dessert Bar 127 W. Fayette St. 474-9463
- Black Olive Mediterranean Taverna 316 S. Clinton St. 399-5599
- Bull & Bear Pub 125 E. Water St. 701-3064
- Byblos Mediterranean Café 223 N. Clinton St. 478-3333
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que 246 W. Willow St. 476-4937
- Empire Brewing Company 120 Walton St. 475-2337
- Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub 301 W. Fayette St. 424-1974
- L’Adour Restaurant Français 110 Montgomery St. 475-7653
- La Taqueria Fresh Mexican Grill 409 S. Clinton St. 422-8811
- Lemon Grass 238 W. Jefferson St. 475-1111
- The Mission 304 E. Onondaga St. 475-7344
- Namu 215 Walton St. 475-0220
- Parisa 317 Montgomery St. 565-5118
- Pastabilities 311 S. Franklin St. 474-1153
- PJ's Pub & Grill 116 Walton St. 478-3023
- Prime Steakhouse 101 E. Water St. 299-8047
- Sakana-Ya Sushi Bar 215 Walton St. 475-0117
- Syracuse Suds Factory 320 S. Clinton St. 471-2253
About the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit, professional downtown management organization representing all property owners and tenants within the central business district. The Downtown Committee undertakes programs to improve downtown's image, strengthen its economic base, increase its attractiveness, and assure that it's clean, safe and accessible. For more information, visit www.downtownsyracuse.com.
About AmeriCU Credit Union
AmeriCU Credit Union serves over 100,000 members throughout Central and Northern New York and beyond, and offers a complete line of financial services - including savings and investment accounts, consumer and real estate loans, credit cards, our own proprietary ATM network and toll-free automated TeleLink service. AmeriCU is also a member of many ATM networks. For more information, visit www.americu.org.