Downtown Living Tour Draws Record Crowds
Saturday, May 18, 2013
SYRACUSE, NY –The Downtown Living Tour returned for its seventh year on Saturday, May 18th, giving Central New Yorkers the unique opportunity to tour downtown’s newest examples of urban living. Showcasing a wide variety of living environments, including upscale condos, new apartments, historic renovations and new constructions, the Downtown Committee reported 2,300 tickets sold.
Headquartered at Pike Block, the tour featured eight tour stops highlighting both adaptive reuse and new construction projects. Designed to showcase downtown’s finest examples of urban living, the tour also aims to increase awareness of the revitalization taking place in the Central Business District. More than $265 million in development is currently taking place in Downtown Syracuse, much of which is residential development. Downtown Syracuse’s residential population has increased more than 30% in the last ten years and continues to grow. More than 400 new residential units are underway in Downtown Syracuse.
For more information visit www.downtownsyracuse.com/downtownlivingtour.
Downtown Living Tour Stops:
- Tour Headquarters: Pike Block, 115 West Fayette Street
- Dey’s Plaza, 401 South Salina Street
- White Memorial Building, 100 East Washington Street
- Merchants Commons, 220 South Warren Street
- Residential Spaces
- Syracuse Media Group space
- Vengeance Lofts, 201 West Willow Street
- Inns at Armory Square, 300 West Fayette Street
- Jefferson Clinton Commons, 211 West Jefferson Street
- Loew’s Landmark Suites, 108 West Jefferson Street