ONE MONTH AWAY: Tickets Now On Sale for the Downtown Living Tour, a Showcase of Downtown Syracuse Living & Amenities
Thursday, April 20, 2017
SYRACUSE, NY – Tickets are now on sale for the 11th edition of the Downtown Living Tour, set for Saturday May 20, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc., the self-guided walking tour allows attendees to explore the newest and most talked-about examples of urban living spaces throughout Downtown Syracuse. This year, the Downtown Living Tour will highlight nine residential stops located in and around Downtown Syracuse showcasing luxury apartments and condos, as well as two company Open Houses, highlighting additional amenities to enhance the Downtown Syracuse 24/7 experience for Downtown residents, employees and visitors (A list of all Tour Stops is provided below. You can also read more about the stops by clicking here).
The 2017 Living Tour experience begins on the ground floor of Icon Tower, located at 344 South Warren Street (map), the officially designated 2017 Living Tour Headquarters. Icon Tower boasts 89 luxury market-rate apartments, featuring one and two-bedroom layouts. From here, tour-goers may choose to walk to the other destinations, or they may ride a free shuttle bus that will run along a special route created especially for the Living Tour.
New this year, tour organizers are making enhancements to registration at Tour Headquarters:
- There will be more staff at the Advance-Sale ticket tables, so that those who buy their tickets in advance are able to move through the registration lines quickly.
- In addition, SEFCU will have its mobile banking unit on site, so that tour-goers will have the convenience of on-site ATM access, as day-of ticket purchases are cash-or-check only.
- Downtown Deals: To incorporate Downtown’s diverse array of restaurants, retailers and cultural institutions, the Downtown Committee is introducing “Downtown Deals” to the Downtown Living Tour. Within the official Downtown Living Tour program, tour-goers will find a list of businesses offering free items or special discounts on the day of the Downtown Living Tour. Tour wristbands (received at Tour Headquarters) will provide access to the deals!
Ticket Information: Advance-Sale tickets are available for $12 through Thursday, May 18. They may be purchased online anytime by clicking here, or in person at 115 West Fayette Street (map) from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. On the day of the Downtown Living Tour, tickets may be purchased for $15 (cash or check only), at Tour Headquarters, located at Icon Tower at 344 South Warren Street between 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. Please note, the self-guided tour takes about two hours to complete to visit all stops.
Parking Information: There are several parking options for the convenience of tour-goers. The Warren Street Garage, located across from Icon Tower, will offer $3 parking starting at 6:00 am on Saturday, May 20. On-street parking will be free throughout the Central Business District on the day of the Tour.
2017 Downtown Living Tour Stops:
- Tour Headquarters: Icon Tower, located at 344 South Warren Street (map)
- The State Tower Building, located at 109 South Warren Street (map)
- 235 East Water Street, located at 235 East Water Street (map)
- Tour Rest Stop: Herald Commons, located at 220 Herald Place (map)
PS: Don’t forget to check out Unit 401 in the Exclusive Penthouse Suite, featuring Interior Design by Morgan at China Towne Furniture and Mattress.
- The Dietz, located at 225 Wilkinson Street (map)
- Jefferson Clinton Commons, located at 211 West Jefferson Street (map)
*Tour-goers will be able to explore two luxury condo units, currently for sale.
- The Chimes Building, located at 500 South Salina Street (map)
- Apartments at 311 Montgomery Street, located at 311 Montgomery Street (map)
- Bonus Stop: Regency Tower, located at 770 James Street (map)
- Open House: D-Train, Doggie Day Care, to be located at 530 South Clinton Street (map)
- Open House: Ashley McGraw Architects, located on the 15th floor of the Barclay Damon Tower, located at 125 East Jefferson Street (map)
The Downtown Living Tour is historically an important day for Downtown Syracuse. Not only does it provide unique inside access to projects that are transforming the neighborhood, the Tour also serves as an opportunity to introduce Downtown’s charms to new visitors.
The 2017 Downtown Living Tour features two company Open Houses that will provide a glimpse into the extra amenities that make Downtown Syracuse so unique. At Ashley McGraw Architects, located on the 15th floor of the Barclay Damon Tower, tour-goers will see how office design works in harmony with nature. At D-Train Doggie Day Care, which is expected to open later this summer at 530 South Clinton Street, tour-goers are invited to check out plans to bring a doggie day care service to Downtown residents and employees.
Direct Shuttles: For an extra convenience, in addition to the regularly scheduled free shuttle bus that will take tour-goers to stops located throughout Downtown Syracuse, there will be a direct shuttle from Headquarters to The Dietz Building (formerly The Dietz Lantern Factory) located just outside Downtown Syracuse at 225 Wilkinson Street.
Statistics: Right now, 3,250 people live in Downtown Syracuse – and with an additional 166 units currently under construction – expected to come online this calendar year - Downtown’s population is expected to increase by nearly 8% percent in the next year.
“We invite everyone to experience firsthand the residential development that has transformed Downtown Syracuse, as well as explore the unique amenities that make Downtown Syracuse stand out as a desirable address,” said Merike Treier, executive director of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse. “From charming characteristics that incorporate the unique history of Downtown’s buildings, to the increasing amount of pet-friendly amenities, tour-goers will be impressed with the charms and conveniences of Downtown living. With the new addition of Downtown Deals, we hope tour-goers will make a day out of being Downtown Syracuse, and visit Downtown’s diverse array of boutiques and restaurants.”
Volunteer Opportunities: The Downtown Committee is still looking for volunteers who would like to help staff on the day of the Downtown Living Tour. Volunteer responsibilities include helping at registration, providing direction to tour-goers and monitoring the units. If anyone would like to sign up for a two and a half hour shift, please contact Kristine Sherlock at email@example.com. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and a free ticket to take the Downtown Living Tour.
The 2017 Downtown Living Tour is sponsored by The Icon Companies, the Community Preservation Corporation, National Grid, China Towne Furniture and Mattress, SEFCU, Pioneer Companies, The DIETZ Lantern Factory, The Chimes Building, Horn Companies, Washington Street Partners, 311 Montgomery Street, RF Esposito, Inc., Longley Jones Management, Ashley McGraw Architects, Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Happy Tails Dog Walking and Peppino’s Neapolitan. Media sponsorships include Sunny102, Advance Media New York, WRVO Public Media and the Syracuse New Times.